The Most Requested Jobs in Canada
The 10 Most Popular Jobs in Canada
Despite the pandemic which has affected thousands of jobs, there is still a labour shortage in several sectors. Many jobs are still in high demand. We were therefore inspired by the career guide to offer you the 10 most requested jobs in Canada.
Here is the list of the 10 most requested jobs in Canada for this year:
Sales representatives, also known as sales associates in many job offers, are the most sought-after profiles in Canada today. From his experience, the sales representative becomes over time a real expert in the products he sells or offers. He knows how to adapt to the most specific needs of an often demanding and diverse clientele.
Several conditions are necessary to exercise this job, for example:
– Customer service skills
– A good level of English
– Sociability and teamwork
– Be results-oriented and the achievement of objectives.
Transportation is a critical sector in Canada. Whether it is the transport of goods or people, there are jobs to be filled for all categories of driving licenses.
Several conditions are necessary for the exercise of this job in Canada, including obtaining the necessary driver’s license for the category of vehicle that interests you, but also other qualities, including:
– Concentration to be able to be on the road for several hours a day
– Good interpersonal skills, because you will have to speak to customers as an ambassador for your company.
– Meticulous, to perform safe manoeuvres and driving.
The receptionist plays a central role in a business environment. Receptionists are often a business’s first ambassadors. Depending on the work environment, he / she may have a role similar to that of the administrative assistant.
For people passionate about customer service, a career as a receptionist is often recommended. Several conditions are necessary for success:
– Demonstrate behaviour focused on customer requirements
– Have attention to detail to take care of several requests of different nature
– Be familiar with computer tools and some office software
– An administrative assistant diploma may be required in some cases
Licensed practical nurse (LPN)
The welder repairs or manufactures parts of any material, following The healthcare industry has experienced a labour shortage in Canada for years. Thus, anyone who has studied nursing or personal care is virtually guaranteed to find a quick and stable place in the labour market.
Many qualities are required for this job, among them:
– Have a good physical condition to assume atypical schedules
– Enjoy working with different audiences
– Sense of responsibility and good judgment in sensitive situations
– Be autonomous and resourceful
Today, any business might need a web developer. The development of business applications, websites and software goes through code. Proficiency in computer languages has become an essential skill in technology companies. This job requires several skills in addition to obtaining a suitable diploma, for example:
– Have the desire to learn and stay up to date
– Have a good team spirit
– Accept to work sometimes under pressure.
Business development manager
Increasingly, corporate sales departments have business development officers, often referred to as sales reps or other job titles. The mission is almost the same, the same for the required qualities:
– French / English bilingualism
– Sales experience
– Have concern for customer service
– Have the desire to learn continuously
We often hear this term for a versatile job, without really knowing what it is. It’s normal ! A day laborer performs many different tasks: cleaning, moving products, maintaining machines … Needless to say, the Canadian job market is in dire need of it right now. Know that this profession requires great determination for the following reasons:
– Be in good physical condition
– Be able to perform tasks that require time and energy
– Have rigor to respect a sometimes atypical schedule
This is a profession that can hide a lot of skills and competences. You have the right to ask yourself the question: project manager for what? Note that it depends on the companies and their area of practice. IT project manager, marketing project manager, development project manager …
The main skill to acquire is project management. You might as well say that the coordination and management of a tight schedule are the main conditions for exercising this profession. In addition, there are other skills:
– Team working
– Manage an agenda and a budget
– Have good communication skills
– A great sense of organization
The driving force behind construction, engineering and the mining sector, the mechanic ensures the repair and maintenance of all machinery. This shows its importance in the industrial chain. These sectors will undoubtedly remain catalysts for the national economy.
Many qualities are required for this job, among them:
– Hold a DEP in heavy vehicle mechanics
– Be methodical in order to read assembly plans and specifications
– Be in good health and have good visual acuity
Human resources manager
Whoever says low unemployment rate means a need for the HR function in companies. The more difficult it is to find the right qualified candidates; the more specialized people are needed to find them. This equation is not lost on the Canadian job market.
Add to this the different contexts made of diversity in the workplace, the definition of HR policy and everything that guarantees a healthy and safe work climate, studying human resources and specializing in the field is a very good idea for placement. However, you must meet certain conditions to exercise this profession:
– Have a diploma specializing in industrial relations or human resources
– Have experience in recruitment and knowledge of its process
– Excellent ability to work in a team
– Listening and empathy